Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Packages from Home

Hey parents,

Both packages did arrive. I'm sorry I didn't let you know sooner, but the internet has been a bit spotty here. The Teopes were really excited by and thankful for their presents and are excited to meet you; they ask about you all the time.

There's a lot of things going on at the school, so I was a little disappointed by the teacher's understated reaction to the books. I know that once they get a chance to look at them though, they'll be as excited as I am. They're really great and perfect for the English curriculum here, which is divided into Narrative, Poetry, Drama, and Essay units. What's more, the language is way more understandable for the students than the flowery prose of Filipinos writers that the students (and I) usually have to muddle through. Could you give me Carol's email address so I can thank her?

Thanks also for the teas, they're perfect. The bike stuff is going to be really useful, especially the lock and that tool.

It's really nice to get packages like this here, so I can't say thanks enough. What else is new with you? I haven't heard much news from the homefront lately aside from a few instant message conversations (though those are great, I feel like sometimes they leave out the marginal stuff). Mom! congratulations on your promotion! Obviously you've deserved it for a long time, but still, that's wonderful.

The end of the school year is fast approaching here, which means that classes are getting less and less productive. We weren't starting from a model of efficiency either. Lots of time is being spent preparing for the town fiesta next week, which should be fun. each municipal agency has to prepare a dance presentation, and we're doing a number to this song complete with traditional Mexican outfits (what?). I also have to work on a dance number for some other event. Anyone who sees musicals and complains that people never spontaneously break out into dance in real life has never been to the Philippines.

Anyways, classtime now, gotta run. More soon and love you.

William

No comments:

Post a Comment